Low Carbs Diet Plan For Weight Loss
A low carbs diet is a diet that restricts carbohydrates, such as those found in sugary foods, pasta, and bread. It is high protein, fat, and healthy vegetables.
There are many different types of a low-carb diet, and studies show that they can cause weight loss and improve health.
These are detailed for a meal plan of a low-carb diet. It explains what to avoid and includes a sample low-carbs menu for one week.
Low-Carb Eating – The Basics
Your food choices depend on a few things, including how healthy you are, how much you exercise, and how much weight you have to lose.
Consider this diet plan as a general guideline, not something written in stone.
Eat: Meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, high-fat dairy, fats, healthy oils and maybe even some non-gluten grains.
Do not eat Sugar: wheat, seed oils, trans fats, “diet,” and low-fat products and highly processed foods.
Foods to Avoid
You should avoid these six food groups and nutrients, in order of remarkable:
- Sugar: Soft drinks, fruit juices, agave, candy, ice cream, and many other products that contain added sugar.
- Refined grains: Wheat, rice, barley, and rye, as well as bread, cereals, and pasta.
- Trans fats: Hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
- Diet and low-fat products: Many dairy products, cereals, or crackers are fat-reduced, but contain added sugar.
- Highly processed foods: If it looks like it was made in a factory, don’t eat it.
- Starchy vegetables: It’s best to limit starchy vegetables in your diet if you are following a very low-carb diet.
Foods to Eat
You can base your diet on these real, unprocessed, low-carb foods.
- Meat: Beaf, pork, lamb, chicken and other grass-fed is best.
- Fish: Salmon, trout, haddock, and many others; wild caught fish is best.
- Eggs: The omega 3-enriched or pastured eggs are best.
- Vegetables: Cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, carrots are many others.
- Fruits: Orange, apple, pears, strawberries.
- Nuts and seed: Almond, walnuts, sunflower seeds etc.
- High-fats dairy: Cheese, butter, lard , olive oil and fish oil.
If you need to lose weight, be careful with cheese and nuts, as it’s very to overeat on them. You should don’t eat more than one piece of fruit per day.
A Sample Low-Carbs Menu for one Week
It is a sample menu for one week on a low-carb diet plan.
It provides less than 50 grams of total carbs per day. However, if you are healthy and active, you can eat slightly more carbs.
Breakfast: Omelet with various vegetables, fried in butter in coconut oil.
lunch: Grass-fed yogurt with blueberries a handful of almonds.
Dinner: At the dinner served buneless cheese-burger with vegetables and salsa sauce.
Breakfast: Bacon and eggs.
Lunch: Leftover burgers and veggies from the various night.
Dinner: Salmon with butter and vegetables.
Breakfast: Eggs and vegetables, fried in butter coconut oil.
Lunch: Shrimp salad with some olive oil.
Dinner: Grilled chicken with vegetables.
Breakfast: Omelet with various vegetables, fried in butter coconut oil.
Lunch: Smoothie with coconut milk, berries, almonds, and protein powder.
Dinner: Steak and veggies.
Breakfast: Bacon and eggs.
Lunch: Chicken salad with some olive oil.
Dinner: Pork chops with vegetables.
Breakfast: Omelet with various veggies.
Lunch: Grass-fed yogurt with berries, coconut flakes, and a handful of walnuts.
Dinner: Meatballs with vegetables.
Breakfast: Bacon and eggs.
Lunch: Smoothie with coconut milk, a dash of heavy cream,chocolate-flavored protein powder, and berries.
Dinner: Grilled chicken wings with some raw spinach on the side.
Include plenty of low-carb vegetables in your diet. If your goal is to remain under 50 grams of carbs per day, there is room for plenty of veggies and one fruit per day.
If you want to see more examples of go-to meals, check out this article on seven healthy low-carb meals in under 10 minutes. Again, if you’re healthy, lean, and active, you can add some tubers like potatoes and sweet potatoes, as well as some healthy grains like oats.
Healthy Low-Carb Snacks
There is no health reason to eat more than three meals per day, but if you get hungry between meals, here are some healthy, easy-to-prepare, low-carbs snacks that can fill you up:
- A piece of fruit
- Full-fat yogurt
- One or two hard-boiled eggs
- Baby carrots
- Leftover from the previous night
- A handful of nuts
- Some cheese and meat
A simply low carbs shopping list
A good rule is a shop at the perimeter of the store, where the whole foods are more likely to be found. Focusing whole foods will make your diet a thousand time better than the standard western diets.
Organic and grass-fed foods are also a popular choice and often consider healthier, but they are typically more expensive. Try to choose the list processed option that still fit into your price range.
- Meat (beef, lamb, pork, chicken, bacon)
- Fish (fatty fish like salmon is best)
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil Cheese
- Heavy cream
- Sour cream
- Yogurt (full-fat, unsweetened)
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Fresh vegetables(greens,peppers, onions,etc)
- Frozen vegetables(broccoli,carrots,various mixes)
- Condiments(sea salt,pepper,garlic,mustard,etc)
Your pantry of all unhealthy temptations if you can, such as candy, ice cream, sodas, juices, bread and baking ingredients like refined flour and sugar.